00:50 | Teachers vs. Robots
14:29 | Sponsored by HAPS
14:57 | Podcast Award Nomination
15:50 | Sponsored by AAA
16:13 | Featured: The Human Microbial System
29:50 | Sponsored by HAPI Online Graduate Program
30:21 | Special Episodes Coming!
If you cannot see or activate the audio player click here.
Questions & Feedback: 1-833-LION-DEN (1-833-546-6336)
Follow The A&P Professor on Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Nuzzel, Tumblr, or Instagram!
Life did not take over the world by combat, but by networking. (Lynn Margulis and Dorion Sagan)
1 | Teachers vs. Robots | AI in Teaching13.5 minutes
Artificial intelligence (AI) is seen by some as the emerging technology to replace teachers. Really? How should we respond?
- 3 Necessary Skills for Educators in the Era of A.I. (Article posted by Raj Shah at Getting Smart) https://my-ap.us/2ZUdjFo
- How Storytelling Works in the Brain and Why We Need Stories (another post at Getting Smart) https://my-ap.us/2ZUuhUh
- Storytelling is the Heart of Teaching A&P | Episode 12
- Actin & Myosin – A Love Story | Episode 15
2 | Sponsored by HAPS0.5 minutes
The Human Anatomy & Physiology Society (HAPS) is a sponsor of this podcast. You can help appreciate their support by clicking the link below and checking out the many resources and benefits found there. AND mention your appreciation to the HAPS leadership while you are at the conference—or anytime that you communicate with them.
3 | Podcast Award Nomination1 minute
The A&P Professor podcast needs additional nominations to get to the next round of The People's Choice Podcast Awards. Lot more. Will you please take a moment to nominate this podcast? And ask your friends and relatives, even strangers, to also nominate us?
4 | Sponsored by AAA0.5 minute
The searchable transcript for this episode, as well as the captioned audiogram of this episode, are sponsored by The American Association of Anatomists (AAA) at anatomy.org. Their big meeting is in April at the Experimental Biology (EB) meeting in Orlando FL. Check it out!
5 | The Human Microbial System13.5 minutes
The human microbiome is rapidly emerging as an important character in the story of human structure and function. Perhaps we should start thinking of it alongside the other major systems of the body—as the human microbial system (HMS).
- Encyclopedia of Ecology (definition of niche) my-ap.us/2XwrLGj
- The Integrative Human Microbiome Project (a brief overview from Nature) my-ap.us/2ZQHtcH
- Resources in the special collection from Nature:
- Milestones in human microbiota research (timeline) my-ap.us/2ZTNVjo
- Human Microbiome Project, part 2 (list of articles) my-ap.us/2ZXzpXV
- Longitudinal multi-omics of host–microbe dynamics in prediabetes (article) my-ap.us/2ZSPhdX
- The Integrative Human Microbiome Project (perspective article) my-ap.us/2ZQHtcH
- Racioethnic diversity in the dynamics of the vaginal microbiome during pregnancy (article)my-ap.us/2ZYFa7H
- Meta-omics analysis of elite athletes identifies a performance-enhancing microbe that functions via lactate metabolism (research article) my-ap.us/2ZOW34D
- Working out the bugs: microbial modulation of athletic performance (related overview) my-ap.us/2ZTv0VS
- Google NGram Viewer (chart showing frequency of term microbiome in all books indexed by Google 1970-2008) my-ap.us/2ZYyIh3
6 | Sponsored by HAPI Online Graduate Program0.5 minute
The Master of Science in Human Anatomy & Physiology Instruction—the MS-HAPI—is graduate program for A&P teachers. A combination of science courses (enough to qualify you to teach at the college level) and courses in instructional practice, this program helps you power up your teaching. Kevin Patton is a faculty member in this program. Check it out!
7 | Special Series of Episodes2.5 minutes
The next few episodes will be super, spectacular, and special. So I'm calling them "specials" just like the grownups in the media world do.
These specials will be single-topic-ish recasts of some of the major themes from the past 18 months of this podcast. A mix of old and new. But mostly, the classic stuff that we'll benefit from reviewing and reflecting upon.
Hold onto your seats, this is going to be a blast!
If the hyperlinks here are not active, go to TAPPradio.org to find the episode page.
- More details at the episode page.
- Transcript available at the script page.
- Listen to any episode on your Alexa device.
- Need help accessing resources locked behind a paywall? Check out this advice from Episode 32 to get what you need! https://youtu.be/JU_l76JGwVw?t=440
Transcript and captions for this episode
are supported by the
also provides marketing support for this podcast.
Distribution of this episode is supported by
NYCC's online graduate program in
Clicking on sponsor links
helps let them know you appreciate
their support of this podcast!
Referrals also help defray podcasting expenses.
The A&P Professor® and Lion Den® are registered trademarks of Lion Den Inc. (Kevin Patton)
Click here to listen to this episode—or access the detailed notes and transcript.