Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Brain Research

It's here!

I just received my copy of the print version of the FREE annual journal The 2008 Progress Report on Brain Research published by the Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives.

This is an interesting book that each year summarizes breakthrough research and conceptualizing in the fascinating area of brain research. I especially appreciate that it's written in an easily accessible style . . . I don't have to pretend to be a neuroscientist and get out my science dictionary to wade through layers of jargon. Nope. Instead, it's written in plain English and a clean style.

Every year, an essay by a prominent neuroscientist is featured. This year there is an essay from Michael S. Gazzaniga on the strong links between the arts and cognition.

There are also interesting updates in neuroimmunology, senses. neuroethics, movement disorders, stem cells and neurogenesis, and much more.

There's also a piece on Thinking and Remembering. I think. Can't remember for sure.

You can access the contents FREE online at The 2008 Progress Report on Brain Research. You can also register to get a copy of the print version of next year's issue.

Check out my list of free journals at The A&P Professor website for more FREE journals related to human anatomy and physiology.

No comments:

Post a Comment