A new episode of The A&P Professor podcast (TAPP Radio) is here!
Testing is not just for assessment—tests can be a primary way to learn.
What's in the new blood pressure guidelines?
Going to the annual HAPS conference?
I encourage all anatomy and/or physiology instructors to attend the 2018 Annual Conference of the Human Anatomy and Physiology in Columbus OH. (0:50)
I summarize a few key points from the new 2017 guidelines on hypertension and their impact on how we talk about blood pressure in our A&P course. (3:45)
- Got High Blood Pressure Covered? The 2017 Hypertension Guidelines.
- What we need to know for teaching A&P.
- Link to the full report. And many more related links.
- Free slide to use in your course.
- Brief video interview of report authors, giving pithy highlights.
A previous topic, spaced retrieval practice (Episode 1), is the basis for a new discussion of Kevin's experience using online tests to provide students with regular and required spaced retrieval practice. (10:17)
- Testing as a Learning Tool
- Testing as Teaching
- Testing as a Learning Tool | Update
- Online Seminar: Testing as Teaching
More details at the episode page.
Transcript available at the script page.
If the hyperlinks above are not active, go to TAPPradio.org to find the episode page.
Check out the detailed notes and transcript of this episode!