Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Free renal corpuscle image

This outstanding image of the renal corpuscle was recently featured in Wikimedia Commons, a repository of mostly FREE images you can use for a variety of purposes in your A&P course. Click on this link (or the thumbnail) for the full-sized image: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Renal_corpuscle.svg

I can see why this image was featured . . . it's an outstanding piece of art! AND it's especially useful for teaching . . . and for testing! I'm pretty sure that I'll be using this in one (or more) of my online test items.

The source page lists the key for all the structures labeled in the diagram.

I've begun assembling a library of FREE images at The A&P Professor website . . . this image is included in the inaugural library set Urinary Image Library.

If you have additional FREE images that I can add to the libary, send the URL to me (or comment on this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment